You want to look good for the holidays, and that’s understandable. As much as they are festive and joyous, holidays can also be busy and stressful (especially with those giant family get togethers). That’s why we often see patients who are looking to pamper and rejuvenate themselves for the holiday season, from Thanksgiving all the way to New Year’s.
In many cases, the sooner you schedule your holiday makeover, the better. Many cosmetic procedures take effect immediately, but there are some, such as Botox or Kybella, that take several weeks to reach their peak.
This means, when it comes to the holiday look you’re planning to present, a little bit of planning goes a long way. At the Minneapolis Anti-Aging and Skin Clinic, we’ll help you figure out which treatments can yield immediate results (perfect for an impromptu visit just before Thanksgiving) and which procedures generally take some time to produce results. That way, we can help you plan your holiday medical spa visit in order to generate the maximum impact for you and your body.
MedSpa Holiday Solutions That Need Some Time
Most patients who come into the Minneapolis Anti-Aging and Skin Clinic around this time of year have a firm deadline for when they want to look their best. Often, that deadline is some kind of holiday or another (Thanksgiving, Christmas, you get the idea).
- Botox: While it’s one of the most common cosmetic treatments on the planet, Botox doesn’t typically offer immediate effects. In fact, it can take several weeks before you see what your injections have accomplished. Lines and wrinkles are often greatly diminished, but if you want to see that result by the holidays, you should give yourself a little wiggle room.
- SkinPen: As a form of microneedling, SkinPen is an incredibly effective way to diminish fine lines, age spots and even acne scars. Whether on its own or couple with a series of PRP injections, SkinPen can require a recovery period that lasts several days (mostly as redness recedes after the procedure). But it can take even longer–three to four weeks–before you see your peak results from a SkinPen treatment.
- Kybella: Among the newest injectable options available at the Minneapolis Anti-Aging and Skin Clinic, Kybella is novel way of eliminating unwanted fat around the jawline. After a few injections, the fat around your jawline begins to diminish (for most patients, at least). It can take several weeks to start to see results from Kybella, and up to six weeks to see your peak results. So if you want a more athletic jawline by Thanksgiving, you should make your appointment as soon as possible!
Even though a procedure may require several weeks to reach “peak” results, that doesn’t necessarily mean that you won’t see any results before that point. Your results will slowly manifest themselves over time. So even if you haven’t reached your peak by the holidays, you can still look great!
MedSpa Holiday Solutions That Offer a Quick Turnaround
The holidays tend to be busy, so it can be difficult to plan ahead for your cosmetic procedure. Luckily, there are some treatments offered by Minneapolis Anti-Aging and Skin Clinic that offer effectively immediate results. In most cases, you’ll want to choose the procedure that yields the best results for your particular case, regardless of the timeline you’re on.
But in some cases, you get the benefit of a procedure with a knack for immediate results. Some of those procedures include:
- Juvederm: A class of injectable known as a dermal filler, Juvederm is used to fill volume in the face. This can be an effective treatment for a wide variety of line and wrinkle types, helping patients look more youthful. Because the volume is filled immediate, results also tend to be quite immediate.
- Voluma: Yet another dermal filler, Voluma is used to fill voluma in the cheeks, specifically. The results from Voluma injections can last anywhere between eighteen and twenty-four months. This makes it a great option for instant results.
- HydraFacial: One of the most popular options under our facials and peels banner, HydraFacial can immediately leave your skin looking and feeling refreshed. That’s because of the unique way that HydraFacial goes about cleansing your pores and the outermost layer of your skin.
In many cases, procedures that offer instant results also have secondary effects that take some time to manifest. Many dermal fillers, for example, encourage the production of collagen, which helps skin look vibrant and radiant–but that aspect of the results can take a couple of weeks to see.
The primary effects, however–the filling of volume and reduction of lines and wrinkles–can be seen immediately.
Decide During Your Consultation
The first step in any cosmetic procedure is a consultation between the patients and a staff member here at Minneapolis Anti-Aging and Skin Clinic. During your consultation, you’ll be able to discuss your desired results and when you’d like to see those results at their peak. We’ll be able to help you select a procedure that best meets all of your needs.
If you want to look your best this holiday season, don’t hesitate to start the process now. The sooner you begin, the sooner you’ll be able to enjoy the results from your cosmetic procedure of choice. Contact us today to get started!